[Coco] Microware C Compiler port

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 10:27:01 EST 2009

On Thu, 22 Jan 2009, Bill Barnes wrote:

> Hmmm, I thought it was this way:  printf("long int: %l",longint); I do
> know that using "%d" deals with an int though, never seen it referenced
> as "%ld"

I can only speak from experience with ANSI C compilers and modern
libraries, but I've never seen a case where '%l' was legal syntax for
printf substitutions.  '%d' represents integer and '%ld' represents long
int.

> As far as length.... compiler specific. only guarantees is long is not
> smaller than an int, and int is not shorter than a short. I forget the
> OS-9 C (CoCo) lengths, and don't feel like chasing down my manual.

Very true.  The absolute sizes of these things is totally dependent on the
compiler and/or compilation mode.

Steve