[Coco] Microware C Compiler port

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Mon Jan 19 20:30:14 EST 2009

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 08:12:48PM -0500, Steven Hirsch wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Jan 2009, John W. Linville wrote:
>
>> I used cc/test/cc to build hello from hello.c without any errors.
>> I then used 'os9 format' to build a disk image and 'os9 copy' to copy
>> hello to it.  I then mounted the new disk image as disk #1 in MESS.
>> 'dir /d1' in MESS shows the hello binary and AFAICT ident seems to
>> think it is a valid binary.
>>
>> This is where the brain fart seems to have begun.  '/d1/hello' gives
>> Error #215.  'chd /d1' followed by 'chx /d1' followed by 'hello'
>> also gives Error #215.  What have I forgotten or done wrong?
>>
>> Hopefully I can be more helpful once I overcome this stumbling
>> block. :-)
>
> You probably forgot to set the file attributes to executable?  Don't feel
> bad, I did exactly the same thing :-(.

Ah, that was it -- you and Robert were right.  At least I'm in good
company. :-)

So, did we ever track-down the source to ANSIFront?  Being able
to use ANSI sources would probably be helpful and more comfortable
for many of us.  An alternative might be to add 'cproto -t' to the
driver script.  Anyway, just a thought... :-)

John
--
John W. Linville		Linux should be at the core
linville at tuxdriver.com			of your literate lifestyle.