[Coco] Connect CoCo Floppy drive to Windows PC

Fedor Steeman petrander at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 15:05:15 EST 2009

Thanks, Robert. That sounds like some interesting and important information
for my little endeavour.

Right now I stand with a huge library of hundreds of diskettes that I would
like to store on my hard disk as virtual floppies and then make available
through the internet. Until now I would backup these (5.25" floppies) to
3.25" floppies using the CoCo and then would read them in on the PC. Of
course, that is a bit tedious for so many disks. So it seemed to me I would
save a lot of time if I could leave out the CoCo out of the equation and
read the floppies in directly on my PC instead. The drive I wanted to use to
this end was previously used to read and write these same disks.

Are you saying that I can save the trouble and keep on doing the backing up
on the CoCo, because success is far from guaranteed with doing it directly
on the PC?

Cheers,
Fedor