[Coco] Floppy Drive Setup Help

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Jan 12 14:08:05 EST 2009

On Monday 12 January 2009, Ries, Rich (NY80) wrote:
>I've had problems similar to Fedor Steeman. Could someone post which
>"teeth" should be pulled for which drive?
>
>Thanks,
>--Rich

Normally one doesn't 'pull' the teeth.  You find another spare connector and
salvage the teeth out of it to fill up the existing connectors (you'll have
to remove then from the cable to do that, then put them back on) and then use
the jumpers on the drive to make it the drive number it is supposed to be.
There are terminating resistor packs that look somewhat like an IC too, and
only the last drive on the cable should have those installed.  Done the full
connector way, the drives can be on the cable in any order as long as the
termination pack is only on the drive connected to the connector at the end
of the cable.

If one has access to a parts catalog, like DigiKey's, new connectors can also
be had, as can 34 wire ribbon cable.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

It was wonderful to find America, but it would have been more wonderful to
miss
it.