[Coco] CocoTape

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sun Jan 11 09:42:37 EST 2009

At 07:26 AM 1/11/2009, you wrote:
>Roger,
>
>Here is a test of the cocotape.exe version inadvertently posted to
>Maltedmedia.
>
>I used a short ml program of 639 bytes, multiple origins ($DF6,
>$FA50, $FB47, $FED0), and an execution address of $FC4F. Cocotape
>was tried with both default parameters, -data, and -d -g. The
>results were not what I expected.
>
>cocotape swread.bin -data
>or
>cocotape swread.bin

??????  Robert, there is no advertising in the CoCoTape program, no
more so than someone putting a sticker label on their product that
tells where it was obtained.  ALL files transferred report the same
filename to the CoCo and I picked COCO3   COM   instead
of  FILE    EXT.  CoCoTape isn't designed to replace a motor
controlled tape deck, and no attempt will be made to translate a
misc.-length PC filename into an 8.3 tape filename format.  There's
no need to.  Just type CLOAD or CLOADM on the CoCo and the file will load.

Now, on the test message you got, I see now that the
MakeGappedBinary() routine in the source code clearly still has the
test mode invoked.  I apologize.  You won't be able to transfer
gapped binary files in CoCoTape 1.0.  I see nothing that even comes
close to an ad in this test message.  It simply says By Golly It Works.

As far as your bug report, I see no bugs in the -options, just a
little confusing mis-wordage in the text.
A machine language program is not a -data file.  -data is for data
like it says, as a file used by OPEN, not CLOADM.
-data should not generate a CLOADM'able file
-g alone should not generate a CLOADM'able file. I should have said,
"add -g for...."

--
Roger Taylor

http://www.wordofthedayonline.com