[Coco] TRP-100 Thermal Printer

John Eric jet.pack at ymail.com
Fri Jan 9 00:44:29 EST 2009

I think you may be confusing the TP10 with the TRP-100. The TP10 was meant to accompany the MC10 and the combo, I believe was the TRS answer to the Sinclair ZX81 (TS-1000) and the ZX-Printer (TS-2040). It used approx 4" wide paper. It also worked with the regular CoCo. It had a design flaw in that the graphics characters were the inverse of what would be displayed on the CoCo and MC-10. The TRP-100 is a full 8x10-ish printer that could print on thermal paper or use a thermal ribbon to print on plain paper (although, sometimes the print wouldn't stick just right to some papers.) However, the main thing you mentioned is in fact the bane of thermal printing - I folded a piece of thermal paper and put it in my jacket pocket - my body heat darkened the paper to a darker color than the print, so... for all intents and purposes, it was erased. sigh.. but it's still the cheapest method I've found to use for debugging ASM listings. BTW - anyone still sell DMP-105
 ribbons? JEric