[Coco] TRP-100 Thermal Printer

Andrew keeper63 at cox.net
Wed Jan 7 00:10:52 EST 2009

I picked up one of these a long while back at a local Goodwill. It came
with a ribbon. I popped in some batteries, hooked it up to my CoCo 3 and
it worked perfectly. I never found a source for ribbons - it is unlikely
that you can find them anywhere today.

I did find some other thermal ribbons (at Goodwill as well) that seemed
the right width - I figured I might try to wind them on the original
cartridge if/when it stops working. I doubt that will be anytime soon,
as I only got the printer because it "looked lonely" and needed a home. :)

Thank you for posting the site for the manual, Rogelio - I wasn't able
to find a manual, and I wanted to try my hand at using it for graphics
or something retro in that vein. This will help greatly, if I ever get
around to it.

Also - that site pointed to another site the same guy runs, for the
Altair32 emulator! I own an Altair 8800 that at some point I need to do
a complete restoration on (it has about a 1/2 inch of dirt collected in
it, but I managed to get a ton of peripheral cards - unfortunately, it
is missing its top cover, and the original company doesn't make that
case anymore - so I plan on having a custom cover made when the time
comes) - and that site had all the manuals and tons of other info that
will make my job much easier (not that it is going to be easy by far).

To many to-do's on my list...

-- Andrew L. Ayers, Glendale, Arizona