[Coco] Regarding disk drives

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Jan 3 11:52:37 EST 2009

On Saturday 03 January 2009, N8WQ wrote:
>Hi Gene,
>I was looking at your milling setup a couple of weeks ago on your web site.
>I like how you put the CoCo to work!
>
>Alan Jones

You must have been looking at George's site.  Mine is at
<http://gene.homelinux.net:85/gene>
I run my little mill with a linux box (dumpster dive special, with used cpu &
memory) running emc-2.2.8.  The complete kit of that software is available in
the ubuntu repo's.  It was once a Harbor Freight micro-mill but has been
heavily reworked by me.  Its most recent duty last week was making a new air
output manifold for my small air compressor from a 1x2x4" block of alu, the
pot metal original had cracked and the leak couldn't be stopped.  Works
great.  I can leave a framing nailer plugged in overnight and it might run
once in the night now.  Was every 2 minutes.  Bad leak.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)