[Coco] CoCo 1 & 2 Monitor Adapters

John Eric jet.pack at ymail.com
Tue Jan 13 14:53:17 EST 2009

Haven't had a lot of time to work on the hobby the past couple of days, but it seems that a color composite monitor adapter can be had with three components. An NPN Darlington, 30 Ohm or so resistor and a .1uF capacitor. I haven't tested this yet (I have ordered some BC517's and MPSA14's - either should work) and will test it when I get them, but connect the collector to +5v, the capacitor from the collector to ground, one end of the 30 ohm resistor to the emitter with the other end of the resistor being the composite output (referenced to ground) and input the video signal into the base. The video signal should be taken from pin 12 of the MC1372 (which is most likely going to be located inside the RF Modulator :) That should give a decent quality composite color video signal, HOWEVER wait until I get the parts and test it - I don't want anyone to smoke their CoCo :) - of course the darlington could be replaced with two NPN general purpose transistors in
 the darlington configuration. I will test them both and post the results as soon as the parts arrive. -Jeric