[Coco] Black CoCo 3 - WAS--> Another *WOW* auction at Ebay

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 09:16:22 EST 2009

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 8:19 AM, Allen Huffman <alsplace at pobox.com> wrote:

> On Jan 5, 2009, at 6:42 AM, Rogelio Perea wrote:
>
>> maybe a collector in dire need of them would pay the price. If it were to
>> be
>> the prototype Black CoCo 3 I would take more than a second look at
>> something
>> like this.
>>

> Black CoCo 3, did you say?
>
>                -- A

Yup... supposedly there was a prototype CoCo 3 within a black molded case.
That discussion dates to a few years ago while Marty Goodman was still an
active CoCoist.

It'd be neat to custom mod a CoCo to such a color. The case would not be a
problem at all but the keyboard: white lettering on black keycaps could be a
challenge to get... unless some rather painstaking process to repaint the
caps and lettering was embarked upon.

Maybe I'll try that. Have the can of black paint for the case already :-)

-=[ R ]=-