[Coco] Disto SC add-ons

John Eric jet.pack at ymail.com
Thu Jan 1 23:11:49 EST 2009

Roger, Tony did an article on this board for Rainbow, I think it was called "Increasing Character Display" and if I'm not mistaken, it's in "A Full Turn of The Screw" which I've found on the maltedmedia ftp. It gives the CoCo's addresses for the register map - i think it was mapped in such a way that you write the address to the chip via a port, then you read or wrote the data to that location, and so on. It worked with basic and OS-9 - the original C-DOS had the D80 ON/OFF commands. I think the one you have supported smooth scrolling (by pixel rather than character). It should be simple enough, with the turn of the screw article, to write a disk basic driver - intercept the RAM Hook for video and route it to the driver. -J.eric