[Coco] CoCo Wireless RS-232 Pak

Mark Marlette mmarlette at frontiernet.net
Wed Feb 25 18:22:32 EST 2009

Roger,

Answer a question with a question? :)

I'll explain since you asked....

Wireless is the mechanism. DriveWire has been doing this for years. Plug a BT adapter on the cable end of a serial cable plugged in to a RS232 pak or make a cable to plug in to the bitbanger and presto, the 'magic' happens. ??

Good guess on the Not an endless supply of RS232 paks, they haven't been produced for years. Not sure how many I have, but have quite a few.

The definition of already existing would be one that already exists. The two that come to mind are the Tandy RS232 pak and the TelePak II. The TelePakII is compatible with every CoCo.

Now that we have that out of the way and none of my questions were answered and some info cut out of your reply.........I'll number for ease.

1. Just an educated guess here and I don't recall the BlueTooth(BT) class that your device is.

Additional: What is the Class the OEM module that is doing the BT for you?

2. You are using the A7 eb301 BT module???? Class2 is your device?

Additional: If this is the module then it is Class 2. True or False?

3. As this is a TTL serial BT interface, you could, get a BT serial adapter and connect it to an already existing RS232 pak for the CoCo. If not can you please explain why?

Additional: If FALSE, please explain?

If you don't want to talk about the technical insides of your device just say so. The module is off the shelf and the data is out there. I was just curious about the specs of the module. I do design work all day long, I enjoy it and talk about it with my peers. The technology that we provide to our armed services is out of this world. Systems that have more firepower than any thing this world has ever seen gets sent to a warehouse for no one to ever see again, 7yr $2B+ project, such is politics that we won't get in to here.....So what is common for me to do, appears not to be common for you. I apologize if I offended you.

Regards,

Mark
Cloud-9

>Many of us have been doing DIRs and loads from the PC for many years
>with the CoCo......

Wirelessly?  Do tell.

>Just an educated guess here and I don't recall the BlueTooth(BT)
>class that your device is.

My well educated guess is that there is Not an endless supply of
Tandy RS-232 Paks floating around, and if there was, are they
compatible with EVERY CoCo, MPI or not?
Again, do tell.

>As this is a TTL serial BT interface, you could, get a BT serial
>adapter and connect it to an already existing RS232 pak for the
>CoCo. If not can you please explain why?
>
>Regards,
>
>Mark
>Cloud-9

Define "already existing" RS-232 Pak.