[Coco] CoCo Wireless RS-232 Pak

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Tue Feb 24 23:45:02 EST 2009

At 09:03 PM 2/24/2009, you wrote:

>What sort of a usb<->bluetooth adapter would I need on this linux box, given
>that the range is on the order of 20 feet, though the wooden floor of this
>house?

I'd have to Google up something about Linux w/bluetooth.  I'm sure
the support is there.

I'm certain that the range is 100+ feet for the pak itself.  I have
two bluetooth dongles and the newest one (IOGear) claims 66 feet,
while the 99 cent one I got from a Hong Kong powerseller claims 300
feet.  If you run Windows Vista, you'll need a Vista-ready bluetooth
dongle or just a bluetooth-equipped laptop.  The signal should pass
through walls and floors fairly well.

You should also be able to connect to the COM ports of PDAs, cell phones, etc.

--
Roger Taylor

http://www.wordofthedayonline.com