[Coco] Rebuild

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Tue Feb 24 19:07:48 EST 2009

Bill wrote:

> Well, I've lodged a dispute through PayPal asking for a refund, so I'll
> wait to see what the outcome is. If they don't settle it, I'd like to
> contact you again to see if you are still willing to fix it for me.

You are only entitled to a refund if the seller has mis-represented the
item. If the ad specified "as-is" and did not specify or infer that it was
in working order, then I'm afraid - and I do understand your position and it
is disappointing - that you aren't entitled to a refund.

On the bright side, it's evident that you've plenty of help here on the
mailing list and I'm sure it'll turn out to be something relatively minor
and cheap - if not free to yourself - to fix. Besides, it would be another
CoCo "rescued" from the scrap heap, duly noted at some inconvenience to
yourself.

Hang in there Bill!

FWIW I haven't had much time (or luck) just yet to emulate faulty RAM in
MESS. Turns out that the Coco memory is implemented as generic bank-switched
RAM and it's not trivial to insert a custom memory handler - required to
simulate a faulty chip - in its place. :(

Regards,