[Coco] Buyer beware

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at aurigae.demon.co.uk
Mon Feb 23 20:14:10 EST 2009

Bruce W. Calkins wrote:
> Was the RF shield covering the caged in area where the CPU, VGA, SAM and
> memory chips are?

I'm sure you mean VDG not VGA.....unless you have a better CoCo 1 than I :)

> Also, it would be a poor fit to put a CoCo 2 mainboard in the CoCo 1
> case. Not impossible, but you would need to "re"-locate the mounts.

Indeed, it was a bit of a hack and bodge job to get my CoCo3 motherboard
in a CoCo2 case, I bought the motherboard with the keyboard off ebay
(about the only CoCo3 I've ever seen on ebay.co.uk), and then bought a
cheap CoCo2 to relocate it in.

Cheers.

Phill.