[Coco] CoCoNet status

James Dessart skwirl42 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 09:28:31 EST 2009

On 2/21/09, Roger Taylor <operator at coco3.com> wrote:

>  The CoCoNet server will be rewritten in the coming days.  I need to use
> whichever language is more portable so I can bring support to the Mac users
> and any others as well.  My own choices are Visual C++, Visual C#, and
> Visual Basic.  I am no longer going to use HLA for authoring the CoCoNet
> server app.

Then C++ is your best bet. While there is a C# environment, it
requires a lot of complicated setup. Visual Basic is limited to
support inside of Office applications.

When you (or someone else) does the Mac port, the UI could be done in
Objective-C/Cocoa, for ease of implementation. That doesn't affect the
back-end code, so no need to worry about that. As long as you keep the
actual server part as separate from the UI as possible, and
Windows-specific features used as little as possible in the server
code, it shouldn't be difficult to port.

--
James Dessart
<http://skwirl.com/cody/>