[Coco] CoCoNet status

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Fri Feb 20 20:28:35 EST 2009

At 05:53 PM 2/20/2009, you wrote:
>Roger Taylor wrote:
>>Hey guys, CoCoNet just gained the auto-update feature!  It also has
>>the side effect of allowing Virtual Game Paks....
>>
>>Read on...
>>
>>The very top of the CoCoNet ROM has code that tries to replace
>>itself with an updated .rom file (on your PC).  If the .rom is not
>>CoCoNet, it starts up like a game pak.  So, CoCoNet is also a Live ROM Pak.
>> From your PC you tell the CoCo what ROM to boot up with - CoCoNet,
>> a game pak, utility pak, embedded pak, etc.  Otherwise, the
>> cartridge's EPROM already contains a version of CoCoNet that continues to boot.
>>
>>This is over the bitbanger cable, and it's still very cool.  I
>>can't wait to see all this go wireless.
>>
>>Wireless virtual disks
>>Wireless ROM Paks
>>Wireless HTTP requests
>This sounds so excellent!  I'm using an SVD right now but supporting
>the game paks would convince me to purchase one.  Now to find a way
>to xvfer tape images without the recorder.   ;)

My new cocotape.exe command for Windows will take any PC file and
turn it into an audio stream that represents a CoCo file.  In other
words, a live CoCo file creator.  There's a command switch for
keeping the WAVE file that was created and played.  Otherwise, the
temporary WAVE file is deleted once played.  To help the CoCo CLOADM
or CLOAD a file, you specify if the PC file format is BASIC, binary,
data, ASCII, etc.

>~telengard
>
>--
>| Brian Sturk - http://home.comcast.net/~bsturk / C/C++ | .>   )\,^a__
>| Telengard Technologies Inc - Win32/UNIX programming   |_<_s_<_s
>

>--

Roger Taylor

http://www.wordofthedayonline.com