[Coco] Glenside Club Jacket

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 07:32:34 EST 2009

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 10:26 PM, Steve Bjork <6809er at bjork-huffman.net>wrote:

I don't want my fellow tech-heads laughing at me while say "What rock have
> you been sleeping under for the past 20 years."

The original IBM PC was a doorstop compared to the CoCo, granted: the 5150
box came with more goodies and expansion but still it moved like a sloth
compared to a lean rabbit, I mean... CoCo Cat.

So maybe the phrase "Faster than an IBM PC" has quite some real world value
and reflects nicely on how better behaved was the Motorola's 6809 CPU when
compared to Intel's 8088.

Other thing would be if we were to say "Faster than an Alienware" or "Faster
than a Mac-mini" - no contest there.

-=[ Rogelio ]=-