[Coco] Reading DOS Rom

John Eric jet.pack at ymail.com
Mon Feb 16 21:08:08 EST 2009

my programmer didn't support the 68xxx series /rom/eproms, so I stuck a 24-pin socket on top of a 28-pin socket bottom justified with pins 24, 21 and 18 bent out.i then wired pin 24 of the 24p socket to pin 28 of the 28 pin socket, pin21 of 24p to pin 2 of 28p, pin18 of 24p to pin 23 of the 28p. Then i placed the rsdos rom into the 24p socket and plugged the contraption into my eprom burner and read it as a 2764. Of course, you should verify my wiring to make sure i haven't messed anything up. -Jeric