[Coco] Update: os9gen on 128k coco3, rs323 pack

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Feb 15 13:34:39 EST 2009

On Sunday 15 February 2009, Steven Hirsch wrote:
>On Sun, 15 Feb 2009, Michael Furman wrote:
>> I tried using the rs232 pak ROM and it seems to hang occasionally.
>
>There's an obscure problem with interrupt handling that might be behind
>the hangs.  I have no personal experience with it, but it's written up in
>"Tandy's Little Wonder" (Farna Systems?).  IIRC, interrupts are not
>properly shared between the cartridge slot and the GIME with the end
>result being that SIO interrupts can be lost.  Again, just speculation
>that this is the issue!

There is about a 100/1 chance that is correct.  The fix is to remove three of
the 4 pullup r's tied to each card socket pin 8, and then jumper all sockets
pin 8's together.  This allows the IRQ to get through to the coco and be
serviced regardless of where the slot switch is, or what slot was last
selected by the software.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)