[Coco] Sneak peek

Mark Marlette mark at cloud9tech.com
Sat Feb 14 07:35:51 EST 2009

Roger,

You know I love hardware, so I took a real close up look.

I am a bit confused.

Your web site shows the CoCoNet pak but yet you are using a RS232 pak. ??

It appears from the pak in the picture, the Blue tooth device module
is in the upper left portion of the pak?

I admit I haven't followed the 6551 Hidden mode thread(s) that have
occurred in the past. Unless you are making a crystal change, how
would the RS232 pak not know how to use the hidden 115200 bps mode?
Then it really would be that it didn't know, it just that it couldn't
adjust the baud rate generator circuit to the numbers you placed in
the register. ????

Can you further explain in detail?

Who did the hardware design for you? Is this james's work?

As each designer can select what ever chip set they would like.
Curious on why you selected a 6551 vs a newer chip set that would
have a larger built in FIFO?

Mark
Cloud-9