[Coco] Old techies

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Feb 12 03:53:09 EST 2009

On Wednesday 11 February 2009, Sean wrote:
>Good thing it's a Seagate!  :)

No it isn't.  It could brick itself on the next power up if the firmware
hasn't been updated.  Go to the Seagate web site where there are instructions
as to how to determine if your drive is good or bad, if bad, follow the
instructions on how to download the fix and apply it.  You will need a cd
burner as its an .iso file that you put in the drive and set the bios to boot
from it.  Everything is automatic on the reboot.  And the update doubled the
speed of my 500GB Seagate sata drive.