[Coco] [Color Computer] a question to those of you with working cocos with floppy discs

chargeron at cox.net chargeron at cox.net
Tue Feb 10 18:59:20 EST 2009

try www.floppydisk,com
20 floppies for $20.00
Ron Delvaux
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: shadow at shadowgard.com
  To: ColorComputer at yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 2:17 PM
  Subject: Re: [Color Computer] a question to those of you with working cocos with floppy discs

  On 10 Feb 2009 at 20:26, stinger30au wrote:

  > how many of you have floppy discs with information that is still
  > readable say of original programs from say 1991 or there abouts?

  U think so, but I haven't checked recently. A lot depends on storage
  and on how often you've udsed the disk or drive.

  > is there anyone left on the face of the planet you can buy new 360k
  > floppy discs or floppy drives from or it is all second hand stuff??

  You can still buy 8" floppies (or could last time I looked, which was
  a few years back) they just cost $50 for a box of 10. So I'm sure
  5.25" floppies are available. Too much legacy equipment.

  Drives are apt to be a different story.

  --
  Leonard Erickson (aka shadow)
  shadow at shadowgard dot com