[Coco] Old techies

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Feb 10 16:13:11 EST 2009

On Tuesday 10 February 2009, Frank Pittel wrote:
>While I'm a long way away from 74 I'm hardly "new blood"!! I'm currently 45
>and the Coco 2 was the first computer I owned that was assembled and working
> out of the box!!
>
>Frank

Chuckle.  The coco was the 3rd assembled computer I owned, but I built and
programmed 3 machines, one even before the first timex 1000.

So my history is somewhat eclectic, doing the programming for the 1st three by
looking up the nemonic for the command, and entering the hex code for it
using the machines hex monitor.  When I finally got a coco, and os9, having
an actual assembler was the equ of a heated mud hog heaven for me.

As for what machine has taught me more?  Its the coco, hands down.  Without
that, I would not be the semi literate that I claim to be when in my cups.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)