[Coco] Old techies

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 15:54:14 EST 2009

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009, Bill wrote:

> Just out of curiosity, what is the average age of this group. I'm 60, and
> had my first CoCo in 1980 (that precious grey machine- 4k "baby basic" and a
> cassette recorder)

I'm 57.  Started hacking on Apple 2s in 1983, which eventually led to a
career change into CompSci.  Started collecting class computer hardware
with a vengeance several years ago and got my first CoCo last September.

Of all the 8-bit classic lists and groups I've belonged to or followed,
this community comes the closest to the Apple II folks in terms of
activity and the variety of software and hardware hacking still being
done.  So far, it's been a lot of fun!

Steve