[Coco] Speech/Sound cartridge

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Sat Feb 7 22:48:56 EST 2009

George Ramsower wrote:
> Was there an issue with the SSC running a CC3 at 2mhz? I'm about to add
> this cart to one of my OS9 systems on a CC3.
>
> George

There are two sections of the device that need to be altered to run at
2MHz. The internal power supply needs a change and the clock signal at
IC3 pins 8&9 must be adjusted so the IC always sees a 1MHz clock signal.

The simplest way to correct the power supply is not to change the
transistor but just add a small ceramic cap to supply a "feed forward"
signal. Switches can be used to alter the clock signal although some
have made this automatic.
You can see one approach at my web site,
http://home.att.net/~robert.gault/Coco/FAQ/SSC_hack.htm . Another is
posted at Coco3.com.