[Coco] [Color Computer] Remove case yellowing

Sean badfrog at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 01:25:40 EST 2009

As a heavy smoker, and one that has been at several companies, I've
realized that the yellowing on old plastics is definitely due to UV
exposure, and not how much nicotine they were exposed to.

My stuff at home never yellowed, my computer rooms never had the
blinds open.  I hate sunlight in them!

I'm only 34, so I haven't been at a workplace that allowed smoking.
My current workplace has lots of windows, and lots of old equipment.
The beige monitors more than 10 years old are yellow as hell - they're
not in service, but in the spare parts room, but you can definitely
see the yellow.
The copy machine is even yellowed, except the sectons where the lid
closed shut.  It's ancient.

So, I'm pretty sure the 80's and early 90's plastics yellow are due to
how much sunlight they got.  Sometime in the 90's,  someone figured
out a new formula, because there is a lot of equipment that has
managed to stay the same color.