[Coco] CoCoNet/serial pak survey

Derek dml_68 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 2 21:46:41 EST 2009

Well how I do it now is tedious. I have a FD-502 5.25" and 3.5" drive on my coco. Right now I copy the 5.25" disk to a 3.5" disk using my coco and then put the 3.5" disk in my Windows System and make an image from that which is a time consuming process. I dont have a 5.25" drive on my PC and when I have tried in the past with a 1.2 MB drive it would not read the coco disks..

Steven Hirsch <snhirsch at gmail.com> wrote: On Mon, 2 Feb 2009, Derek wrote:

> Will the pack allow you to interact with both real coco disk drives and
> disk images at the same time? I have literally hundreds of real coco
> disks I would like to get made into disk images and archived on the PC
> end

You shouldn't need a real CoCo drive for that.  I'm able to read CoCo
diskettes on a track-by-track image basis from a Linux box.  Should be
able to do that under Winders as well.

Writing to CoCo diskettes on a PC can be a bit difficult under some
circumstances, but reading is (or should be) very straightforward.