[Coco] New 6821, 6551 replacements

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 20:21:38 EST 2009

On Mon, 2 Feb 2009, Shain Klammer wrote:

> I agree with you; however, the links Roger provided do list both the
> W65C21S6TPG–14 and the W65C21S6PLG–14 at $7.50 - been around since '78 and
> are in Arizona, USA - or did I miss something?

>>>  Here's a company we need to keep an eye on.  The Western Design Center,
>>> Inc.
>>> If they can do for the 6809 what they did for the 6502, (creating a
>>> 100+mhz and 200+mhz version), what an amazing thing this would be.

If there is such a thing as a 100 or 200Mhz. 6502, it's in the form of
synthesizable IP for fabrication into an ASIC or somesuch.  There's never
been standalone silicon anywhere near that speed rating.

A CoCo in an FPGA should be capable of 25-50Mhz. operation without too
much trouble and you don't need to pay the license fees for it.