[Coco] Question re: Cart slot decode

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 20:16:14 EST 2009

On Mon, 2 Feb 2009, Darren A wrote:

>> On Mon, 2 Feb 2009, Stephen Castello wrote:
>>
>> I guess that settles it.  There's a considerable quantity of erroneous
>> information out there, as I read about four different resources that claim
>> the SCS range is ff40-ff5f.
>
> ---
>
> Settles what?
>
> The SCS range is FF40 - FF5F.

I was confusing myself.  I understand now that the SCS range is FF40-FF5F,
but all accesses between FF40-FF7F will enable the bus transceiver on the
MPI and allow data flow back and forth. (As will assertion of CTS* and/or
SLENB*).

Wrong terminology on my part.  The fact that other types of hardware sit
above FF5F is orthogonal to the fact of where the SCS are lies.

I'm still learning the CC3.  If this were an Apple 2, I'd have this level
of detail engraved on the inside of my eyelids :-).

Steve