[Coco] CoCoNet/serial pak survey

Derek dml_68 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 2 18:55:54 EST 2009

Will the pack allow you to interact with both real coco disk drives and disk images at the same time? I have literally hundreds of real coco disks I would like to get made into disk images and archived on the PC end

Roger Taylor <operator at coco3.com> wrote: At 03:48 PM 2/2/2009, you wrote:
>If there's room in the shell, I'd like to see both (or all three) options on
>the board as well.  It could be populated with only the parts for the
>requested feature; yet could allow the end-user to "upgrade".

All paks will be bitbanger capable as an option in CoCoNet.

>Would you also be considering a kit version?

Doing so would mean I'd have to offer the assembled version at a
higher cost (something I don't want to do).

>As an aside, what kind of cost would be involved if this was implemented
>within a small FPGA(?) with a flash card reader?  It could be similar to a
>multi-cart which would bring up a menu allowing selection of the "ROM"
>version to load; and, couldn't the card reader also double as a means of
>re-programming the FPGA?

The pak you describe would be a different beast altogether.

--
Roger Taylor

http://www.wordofthedayonline.com