[Coco] CoCoNet/serial pak survey

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sun Feb 1 22:04:39 EST 2009

At 08:17 PM 2/1/2009, you wrote:
>3) average cost, game pak sized, new RS-232 Pak with DB-9 port
>
>Of course I'll need to get a multipak first.

That just depends on whether you really need one or not.  The CoCoNet
ROM will be in the paks meaning you get a virtual drive system +
serial port in one pak (except for the bitbanger version which is
only an EPROM pak).  You can decide to ditch your floppy controller
and drives if you want, but we've heard the disclaimers about going
100% virtual so it's your own choice to do so or not.  I'd just
forget about the handful of software that won't run on anything but a
real controller and keep having fun.

--
Roger Taylor

http://www.wordofthedayonline.com