[Coco] CoCoNet/serial pak survey

Sun Feb 1 19:04:06 EST 2009

On Feb 1, 2009, at 4:06 PM, Roger Taylor wrote:
> Which one of these would you likely pick for CoCoNet or general
> purpose RS-232 CoCo-to-PC communications?
>
> 1) least expensive, game pak sized, bitbanger version of CoCoNet
> (ROM Pak + 5 foot serial cable), 57600/115200 bps
> 2) more expensive, game pak sized, Wireless/bluetooth RS-232 pak,
> approx. ~100ft range, up to 115200 bps
> 3) average cost, game pak sized, new RS-232 Pak with DB-9 port

Since I already have DriveWire, I don't know if option #1 would be a
sufficiently compelling upgrade.  I think option #2 would be much more
interesting, despite it being far more pricey an alternative.

Of course, since I am Mac rather than Windows-based, I guess I
wouldn't be buying anything at all.  So my opinion may justifiably be
ignored!  ;-)

-- JP