[Coco] [Color Computer] CoCo Items

wo1now wo1now at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 28 15:47:59 EST 2009

Hey,
I'm an original CoCo user. I bought my CoCo I when they first came
out. Actually, I worked for Tandy in the Model II plant doing repair
on boards. There was two types of techs working back then, in-house
repairs and post-sale repairs. In-house repairs were on boards that
had failed during burn-in and usually consisted of broken or bent pins
on the individual ICs that were installed on the boards. I worked on
boards that had made it out the door and failed later. I also helped
write the boards-level repair manual for the CoCos that was sent
overseas to England, Austrailia, Japan and Canada. When it was decided
to build the CoCo, the execs came in and took half of our people and
moved them down the hallway and started building the CoCo I. I was in
my attic the other day, and I found all my stuff from back then. I
have the complete set of Hot CoCo mags, including Micro 80s. I also
have several of the CoCo manuals, "Getting Started and the Extended
Basic" books. I have my old CoCo I, the 5 1/4 floppy drive, many
disks, and some repair parts (transformer, wafer keyboard, and some
other items). I guess it's time to get rid of the stuff. Any Offers???