[Coco] CoCo FUSE for Linux ressurrected!

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 10:41:26 EST 2009

All,

I was bored yesterday and spent some time debugging the cocofuse driver in
toolshed.  The fixes were quite simple and Boisy indicates he'll be
checking the updates into SourceForge's CVS archive shortly.

It builds and works on both 32 and 64 bit Linux platforms.

For those unfamiliar with FUSE, it stands for Filesystem in USEr space.
After loading a kernel module that's now standard in all Linux
distributions I'm aware of, you can use 'cocofuse' to mount a CoCo
diskette image (*.dsk file) and have it appear as part of the filesystem.

I've only tried it with OS-9 images, since I don't really do much of
anything with DECB.  YMMV.

Steve