[Coco] RGB video on CoCo3

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at aurigae.demon.co.uk
Wed Feb 11 17:57:28 EST 2009

Ok, so I've pulled my CoCo3 out of storage because I need to test
something on it, and am really quite disapointed with the quality of the
  composite video display on my LCD TV. Though the TV is fine with other
machine's composite (Dragon included, but then that like the CoCo 1/2
uses a 6847 instead of the Gime).

So I know the CoCo3 has an RGB port on the underside of the board, that
I can hopefully use to drive the TV/monitor, which as well as composite
and ariel input also has SCART and PCVGA inputs, both of which I know
work fine and display a nice crisp picture with a variety of retro systems.

So how can I go about utilizing this port, if it's going to be a problem
the CoCo3 is of a US NTSC model, and though the TV is a UK PAL model, it
is also capable of displaying an NTSC picture fine (tested with a Tano
Dragon, and an MC-10).

Cheers.

Phill.