[Coco] expanded termset wasRe: Play with NitrOS-9 over the Internet

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Wed Dec 30 17:47:02 EST 2009

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 03:01:47AM -0600, George Ramsower wrote:

>   line, the Kimtron KT7 was in there. This is good that the termset
>   file was expanded. As I recall, there was no software for those of
>   us that used a coco that utilized this file.

Dynastar V.3 also uses termset!  FHL 1)included an expanded termset
file (which I had to think about, where did this come from? :)

2)Documented termset a little better than Microware/Tandy did (/Y
sends a 1 char. position (5) /Y/Y always sends a 2 char. position
(05)) and

3)expanded it by also storing color codes for windint terminals.  A
final string in the form $aa$bb$cc$dd sets up Dynastar colors:
$aa -- foreground for help menu
$bb -- background for help menu
$cc -- foreground for regular text
$dd -- background for regular text
(Doesn't describe how these map onto the actual palette numbers :-()

So the final FHL termset spec is:
name:cursor code:offset value:delete line:delete char:clear screen:
clear to eol:insert line:start alternate:end alternate:length:width:colors

Also, doesn't dynacalc use something like termset, embedded in its
initialization file?

Sculptor also uses a terminal capabilities database, but it has its own.

> {T0|03}/DD:list /x1/termset
Oooooo, there's some entries there I don't have!

(Databases like termset, termcap, and terminfo set my "gotta collect
them all" bit. ;-)

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA