[Coco] The Coco's first webserver, written in Basic09

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 11:45:59 EST 2009

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 11:15 AM, Michael Furman <n6il at ocs.net> wrote:

> On Dec 30, 2009, at 7:44 AM, Christian Lesage wrote:
>
>> If BASIC09 has an EVAL statement (I can't remember), you could easily program an ASP-like server. That would be pretty cool. I did that using another BASIC-like language a few years ago. I started from scratch, and the server was small, but good enough for small projects.
>>
>> Christian
>>

>> --
>

> This could lead to the Color Computer's first remote exploit that would allow bad guys to run arbitrary Basic09 code.. now wouldn't it be funny if hackers started learning Basic09?

If they want to hack a coco that bad, i say let em :)  but since we're
giving out root access without passwords to anyone that want to play
anyway, probably a waste of time.

I have already had our first denial of service attack it would seem,
and the funny thing is that while the Java part crashed a few times,
the coco has yet to miss a beat so far.

Just put some fixed in the java side, it might last longer this time :)