[Coco] Inter-Coco chat and second internet accessible Coco

Tom Seagrove tjseagrove at writeme.com
Tue Dec 29 00:40:01 EST 2009

And how do you exit chat?

-----Original Message-----
From: coco-bounces at maltedmedia.com [mailto:coco-bounces at maltedmedia.com] On
Behalf Of Aaron Wolfe
Sent: Monday, December 28, 2009 10:30 PM
To: CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts
Subject: [Coco] Inter-Coco chat and second internet accessible Coco

A huge amount of work was done today on the DriveWire system.  Not
only are there *many* performance improvements and big fixes, but
we've added the Coco's first IRC client (as far as I know :).  This
means you can chat live with the users on not only Boisy's coco, but
also a second Coco that I've brought online at: telnet
home.spogbiper.com 6809
(or telnet://home.spogbiper.com:6809 if you prefer an URL).

So if you have a few minutes to check out the new stuff or chat, you
can access the chatroom and other new stuff from either Coco.
I'll try to keep this one running as much as possible, and hopefully
between the two of us anyone that wants to play can have a chance.

If you'd like to chat but prefer your own IRC client to using the
Coco, the channel is #coco_chat on irc.freenode.net

You can also join the chatroom using a web browser by visiting:
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=coco_chat

All these methods take you to the same chat room, but I think using
the Coco is the most fun :)  To do so, log into either internet coco
and type "chat".

one other note:  if you're on one of the cocos and wonder who else is
there with you, try "dw show ports"

-Aaron