[Coco] Play with NitrOS-9 over the Internet

Boisy G. Pitre boisy at tee-boy.com
Mon Dec 28 16:49:29 EST 2009

For those following this thread...

The CoCo 3 here at Lab South is now running NitrOS-9 Level 2 "headless" as in no VTIO driver, grfdrv or window descriptors.  Term is actually the scdwt /T1 descriptor.  This allows for a smaller bootfile, and conceivably we could shrink things down enough to run NitrOS-9 like this on a 128K CoCo 3 (albeit with less tsmons running).  The advantage of running headless of course is that there is one less peripheral to hook up to (namely the monitor).

One interesting side effect of this: we discovered that if a bootfile is too small the system will crash while booting.  This is certainly an interesting side effect of trying to shrink the bootfile, and I will be doing tests to narrow this down.
--
Boisy G. Pitre
http://www.tee-boy.com/