[Coco] print samples

Torsten Dittel Torsten at Dittel.info
Mon Dec 28 07:32:12 EST 2009

Aaron,

this looks impressively good. How did you get the font?

I assume you have access to that document:

ftp://download.epson-europe.com/pub/download/182/epson18162eu.zip

BTW, does someone remember the differences between the FX80, FX85 and
FX-85+ (I had one of the latter)?

I should really dig out that enhanced CoCo printer driver I once wrote
to print out Mac pictures from the CoCo. This would be a stress test for
you application in terms of graphics printing.

Don't know what was your idea, but you might want to "print" a
single-strike-single needle dot as a grey point optionally. As soon as
two dots overlap horizontally and/or vertically (e.g. because of double
strike, just the slower horizontal carriage movement, or because of a
second strike after the "half-point" vertical µ Line Feed, they should
turn pitch black where overlapping.

I darkly remember the NLQ Times New Roman Fonts where printed by double
striking with a half-point vertical andd horizontal offset

Keep on with that great project!

Regards,
Torsten