[Coco] macos was Re telnet and terminal questions

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Sun Dec 27 22:20:32 EST 2009

On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 07:38:53PM -0600, Christopher Hawks wrote:
> 	Why is that strange? Macs run FreeBSD which is Linux's step-brother.
> 	Most of the software on a Mac is GPL (except the user interface).

I ferget that it's been a nearly a decade since I used NeXTSTeP, and
lots of things can change, and I haven't ever even attempted to keep
up with what Apple's been doing.

So they ditched MACH and display postscript/quicktime and are running
FreeBSD and X these days?

I could swear that just a week or so ago I read a blog complaining
that Apple still hasn't added a proper Objective-C API to quicktime...

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
  -- R.E. Howard