[Coco] DriveWire in Java

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 00:06:00 EST 2009

On Sat, Dec 26, 2009 at 11:53 PM, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net> wrote:
> On Thursday 10 December 2009, Aaron Wolfe wrote:
>>I have uploaded Linux and Mac OS X versions to
>>http://aaronwolfe.com/coco/dwserver
>>
> I just tried to go there, but the view all files button simply loops back to
> itself. FF3.5.6.

All the work on the Java DriveWire server has been moved into the
sourceforge project's CVS repository.  You can find this here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/drivewireserver/

Although there are no binaries available at the moment, you can check
out the source and build a working jar for most any platform.  You'll
also need RXTX native libraries for the platform you'd like to run on.
 There are binaries for over 30 platforms and you can build from
source on just about anything (I built the libraries for a Linksys
NSLU2 recently).  Files for RXTX are here:
http://rxtx.qbang.org/wiki/index.php/Download

It's a bit of work to get things together right now, but the version
of DW in cvs is quite functional and supports disks, virtual serial
ports, and some client side stuff like an OS-9 wget utility and ftp
client.  To use these you'll also need the latest version of NitrOS-9,
which I believe means building from that project's CVS as well.

Jim has done a lot of work on the web interface and packaging
everything into an easy to use form, and I think we'll have simple,
one file, click and go stuff ready very soon.  Right now it takes some
time and an adventurous spirit.  I'm happy to help with any specific
questions or issues that come up if you want to give it a shot.

-Aaron