[Coco] Any stock CoCo is DriveWire-ready out-of-the-box --Eureka!

Christian Lesage hyperfrog at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 16:26:03 EST 2009

It is indeed not complete yet, but we do have all the pieces. I wouldn't
send HDB-DOS in DATA statements, because it would be very slow,
especially since the DLOAD code works in ASCII mode when dealing with
BASIC files. I'm not even sure there would be enough free RAM to do so.
Instead, I would send a short patch that would completely restore the
functionality of the DLOAD and DLOADM commands. That patch could also be
used to bump the baud rate to 9600. Then, I would use the DLOADM command
to download HDB-DOS, and it would be much faster that way.

Christian