[Coco] error trapping

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Wed Dec 2 20:43:28 EST 2009

On Wed, Dec 02, 2009 at 04:48:39PM -0800, Wayne Campbell wrote:

> I just got this post. I guess you posted it before I posted my own
> reply.

Beware the bug.  The Param string needs to have a length or it'll
default to 32 bytes. :-(  I looked that up in the BASIC09 manual last
night.

>You have sshown me something I didn't think about, or realize
> might be necessary. I've never cleared the cc field before making
> the call.

I don't know if it's really necessary.  I think that just got added
when I was chasing another bug, and left in.

I don't know BASIC-09 that well, so debugging it can make me thrash
around wildly.

> Also, my routine ended up being shorter than yours, so I need to
> compare the differences and see what you are doing that I didn't
> think about.

Well, I'm aiming at a general case, and you might be looking for
something more specific.  Other than that, the only thing I can think
of is make sure the filename ends in a newline.

> Thanks for the help. :)

No problem!
Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org