[Coco] Telnet to your CoCo.. and invite 6 of your friends

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Tue Dec 1 17:55:09 EST 2009

On Tue, Dec 01, 2009 at 03:36:50PM -0600, Boisy G. Pitre wrote:

> That's exactly what would happen... when the kernel scans for krnpX
> modules, it will call the os9 F$SSvc system call to install the
> system calls in that module; if any of those system calls reuse an
> existing system call number, then their address will overrwrite the
> address stored in the system call jump table in RAM.

Well, that's the definitive answer from the definitive master. :-)

That's really cool that a mechanism like that was already in place and
running at a time when most operating systems, even for mainframes and
minis, had completely statically linked kernels.

> It's a great way to extend the operating system.

Sounds really useful.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA