[Coco] OT: windows telnet, was Play with NitrOS-9 over the Internet

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 02:02:24 EST 2009

I cannot fathom what lead to the decision not to include the telnet
client in new versions of Windows.  Were they trying to prevent people
from using telnet?  Probably not, since the included Hyperterm
application does do telnet.  Were they trying to save 71k of space?
Hard to believe when a default install takes hundreds of megabytes.
It seems to be nothing but an inconvenience from every angle I come up
with.