[Coco] Hello and a few questions

Louis Ciotti lciotti1 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 10:32:52 EST 2009

Hello all, new the the list, and I have just obtained a coco2 to play
around with.  The COCO 2 was my first computer, and still have my old
floppy disk from back then.  I currently do not have a floppy drive
for it, and have not seen any up for sale (yet), but I am still
looking.  In the mean time, I have a few questions:

Has anyone built up a controller that will work with IBM type drives?
5 1/4 IBM drive are easily obtainable, and this would be a perfect
solution for me.

I am considering building up a Controller card using some schematics I
found of a controller card dated 7-19-1983, and making updates as
needed to the parts that are available.  Looking at the schematics
however there seems to be an error.  U7 is listed as an 74ls02, but
has two different gate symbols.  Am I misreading the schematic?  If I
do this, is it possible to burn a Disk Extended Color Basic Rom?

Lou