[Coco] ports of C stuff was Re: Perl PL for OS/9

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Mon Aug 31 16:17:43 EDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 02:21:42AM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:

> Then I think, since you asked about scripting, that something in the way of
> an expansion of the os9 shell needs to be done.
[..]
> OTOH, I just checked bash here, on a 32 bit F10 box.  Its quite large:

> No way that could be shrunk enough to work on the coco even if built on an 8
> bit machine.

Maybe ash could be ported?  But even that would be limited without the
set of UN*X shell utilities.

I looked into SASH at one point (stand-alone ash, aka ash with some of
the commands built-in) but lost it in a hard-drive crash.

It would be a pretty big project for the lone hacker.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
  -- R.E. Howard