[Coco] Perl PL for OS/9

TP Reitzel tpreitzel at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 31 01:48:29 EDT 2009

Here's the bottom line. I'm busy. Aren't we all? ;)

I want to learn ONE programming language with modern features that's potentially capable of running on older 8-bit/16-bit architectures such as the CoCo.  I want this computer language to have scripting and functional programming features as well as traditional procedural capability. Perl6 (Rakudo on Parrot or Mildew) is one option if an embedded version were available. Personally, I also like Lua. Fortunately, a project has been started by developers working on an embedded version of Lua,  https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/elua-dev .  Maybe, this discussion should be generalized to include modern compilers on newer architectures generating intermediate/assembly code for older architectures as well. However, I ONLY have time to learn ONE language now and into the foreseeable future. TIA